PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, PSP and PC, Blu Rays and DVDs from Ehub

Sunday 23 January 2011

Sunday morning planning. A pot of Yorkshire tea.

Whilst everybody in this house has a Sunday morning lie-in, I generally find myself planning the forthcoming weeks menus over a pot of Yorkshire tea.  Do I plan a week of comfort food? A week of specific cuisines? How many dishes can I make today and freeze for quick dinners if my fellow housemates have plans and need to catch something hearty whilst on the move?

I'm thinking a Mexican/Americana theme which will allow me to spend a couple hours today making a fantastic Chilli using beef brisket, dried chipotle chillies and hot coffee, Sloppy Joes for a Horseshoe dinner and some dry spice rubs for Philly Cheese Steak.

Another advantage of pre-planning is an economical one.  Your shopping list will consist of only the ingredients you need to cook the weeks dinners, hence you will not be grabbing at any 2 for 1's or other offers you may see in the supermarket just because its an 'offer'.  You will be surprised how much money you will save and your food waste will be dramatically reduced......Rock n Roll.

                                                                             Love and peace people

                                                                                                       Cluski

2 comments:

  1. Being an early riser like yourself, the pleasures of a lie-in dont come around often enough for me, however over a good cuppa and some quality newsprint on my fingers and with only birdsong and a mewing cat for company, a Sunday gets off to great start.

    ReplyDelete