PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, PSP and PC, Blu Rays and DVDs from Ehub

Sunday 27 February 2011

Slumped and beaten in Hangover Alley. Precipitated the inevitable consequence of birth.

Good day my friends. After an evening in the company of my beloved 'Crag Rats', an evening of debauchery fuelled by excessive alcohol consumption, I find myself slumped and beaten in Hangover Alley today.

The 'Crag Rats' are a band of my dearest friends.  A bond of friendships that have traversed the high peaks and lowlands of a journey that began over 35 years ago. Why 'Crag Rats'?

Karen and I have both been touched by the fragility of life, the death of our parents. Cancer had precipitated the inevitable consequence of birth. Their final days were spent in comfort and peace in the care and dedication of the nursing staff at the local Hospice. Their palliative care and the comfort the families received was incomparable. The Hospice is a registered charity so what better way to thank them than raising money through a challenge. At my mothers funeral, surrounded by these friends, Karen suggested doing a walk and Si, a keen walker, suggested the Yorkshire 3 Peak Challenge, a gruelling 26.1 mile circuit of the three peaks of Ingleborough, Whernside and Pen-y-ghent  with nearly 5,249 ft of ascent and descent. Karen hit the ground running with the planning and Si used his navigational skills in planning the route and times when we all agreed that it was a great idea. We decided to complete the challenge over two days to give us a full weekend away.

A couple of months later, we found ourselves on the peak of Pen-y-ghent and a final treacherous descent through deep bog to the finish line. A descent that nearly ended in my death, much to the amusement of my watching public. Henceforth, we are always referred to as 'The Crag Rats'.

The pledges realized over £2,037.

Now, accuse me of being  inattentive to a persons physical appearance but last night, after 35 years, I realised that Si has only one eyebrow and he has had this condition since childhood. I was only drawn to this through his new eyebrow piercing. I counted his finger's just in case I missed anything else

Anita is still buying her VW camper van and is progressing with her plans to set up a self-sufficient commune in the South of France

My piggy bank is still holding my dream

Woody is going on holiday AGAIN...'I've only been away twice this year' - IT'S ONLY FEBRUARY WOODY. He also can't comprehend the spiritual need for a life on a narrowboat or Anita's desire to travel Europe in a VW camper van - 'Why not buy a yacht and a American RV motorhome, much more comfortable' - A man of considerable wealth and luxury is our Woody.

Karen celebrated her birthday with copious amounts of Woo Woo's and vodka. Don't think she'll be hitting the treadmill with her new-born giraffe legs today

Julie is sleeping in a tent

Dave is still flitting between the UK and Thailand..Wherever he lays his hat.

Alec and Jayne were late...AGAIN. A couple who groom, Alec more than the naturally beautiful Jayne

Janice fell over 

Anyhows, back under the sodden cardboard and trash in Hangover Alley for me...now where did I throw that half-eaten Kebab. Hunger calls.


Love, peace and don't step on the vagrant under the trash

                                                                 Cluski

No comments:

Post a Comment