PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, PSP and PC, Blu Rays and DVDs from Ehub

Friday 11 March 2011

I concede to the revolution and acknowledge the power of the militant reformers. Shepherds Butchers first delivery of their own bred free range pork

Good day beautiful people and a very happy Friday to you all.

Firstly, the results of the 'hackers' poll are in and the result shows that 65% of you agreed with him/her that I was wrong to ignore the democratic vote and take the housemate for her birthday dinner to a restaurant of my choosing (Nandos) and not to a restaurant of her choosing (Frankie and Bennys)....I WAS PAYING.

In response to the result of the 'hackers' own poll, that questioned my despotic stance against the democratic opinion of the populace, I concede to the revolution and acknowledge the power of the militant reformers. Therefore, I will relinquish my power to negate the democratic process and will cease to violate the privilege of persuasion.....

............NOT THAT I BLOODY HAD ANY OVER YOU PESKY, MEDDLING MILITANTS.

Anyhows, I've got a free day today, so I will be taking a stroll over to Shepherds Butchers, defrosting a homemade cottage pie for the housemates dinner and will be joining the patrons of the Dregs Session in The Peel Hotel later this afternoon before strolling home, kebab in hand (supper and breakfast) and retiring to bed, to lie in fear of the abominable 4am alarm call and work.

Today, I am happy to announce that Howard recieved the first delivery of  his very own bred free range pork yesterday (see February 6th review posting 'Detailed anatomical and forensic skills, expert husbandry knowledge and obliging service remain the hallmark of a good butcher' Click here for details, location and phone number) and in anticipation of this delivery I ordered a 2lb pork shoulder that I will pick up today, along with housemates habitual weekend breakfast menu of pork with garlic and spring onion sausage, black pudding, bacon and fresh local eggs.


The pork shoulder will be used for a Texas Pulled Pork dish. The shoulder will be immersed in a bath of BBQ sauce, tomato ketchup, cider vinegar, chicken stock, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chilli, onion, garlic and thyme and slow cooked for 10 hours. The shoulder will then be 'pulled' using two forks to pull the pork apart, leaving it in large strips and then returned to the bath and stirred through. This will be served with large baps, rosemary and garlic potato wedges (recipe listed) and homemade coleslaw.

I have to point out that I shall be cooking this dish on Sunday and depending on the results of this weeks poll will either be lovingly presented to the ravenous housemates on Monday or frozen for another time. Please vote wisely...

Crap, there I go again......sorry.


Love, peace and power to the people

                                          Cluski



2 comments:

  1. nice to hear you have learned a democratic lesson and look forward to hearing of a week of xbox kids meals with full reviews

    The pulled pork sounds good no recipe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pulled pork recipe will be on the blog this weekend. Why do I get the feeling you will vote in the negative in every poll that a positive result may be beneficial to me? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete