PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, PSP and PC, Blu Rays and DVDs from Ehub

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Feeling very indisposed today. A hot restorative bowl of Jewish Penicillin.

Morning people. I will omit the usual prefix because this morning is not 'good'. I am feeling very indisposed today. Overnight the little 'tickle' in my throat has turned into a full blown scratching and inflamation of my pharynx. My head is banging and my bones are heavy and throbbing. It's 05:45 and I think a duvet day on the couch and an easy restorative dinner is about as much as my frail, sickly body can manage. Oooh, the pain.

The planned roast dinner is definately off, so I will be preparing a simple Roast Chicken and Garlic Soup, also known as Jewish Penicillin.

Anyhows, hope you all have a good day and please don't be worrying about me. I will keep you updated with my advancement on the oncoming battle for survival  :(



Roast Chicken and Garlic Soup

garlic 4 large whole bulbs plus 3 cloves sliced
olive oil 1-2 tbsp
cooked chicken giving approx 300g
spring onions 1 bunch, chopped
chicken stock powder or cubes made up, or fresh, 1 litre

Heat the oven to 200c/fan 180C/gas 6.  Put the whole garlic bulbs on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little oil.  Roast for 35 minutes or until soft and squishy when you press them.  Leave to cool.  Squeeze the garlic from each clove into a bowl.

Take all the meat off the chicken and roughly shred it.  Discard the skin and bones.

Put 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan and fry the garlic slices until golden.  Remove and set aside.  Add the spring onions to the pan and fry over a medium heat.  After a minute or so, add the squeezed roasted garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.

Add the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Ladle the soup into a blender and whizz until smooth.
        
Pour into a saucepan, add the shredded chicken and warm through.  Season to taste.
Serve and scatter the fried garlic slices over the top.  Serves 4


Love, peace and freedom people

                                      Cluski

No comments:

Post a Comment